Introducing the ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro.
The new calibration solutions from X-Rite have arrived. Two new display solutions, two new ways to calibrate your monitor.
If you’re into colour management, or a bit of a colour perfectionist, you’ll probably already know how important monitor calibration is in the process of achieving accurate colour. The ColorMunki Display and i1Display Pro are the latest solutions from X-Rite, and give you a whole-host of new features and capabilities to suit any level – from amateur to professional.
It’s fair to say these new systems are very much in the ‘new generation’ of calibrator, making use of completely new optical system and filter technology. This not only means you get greater repeatability and device longevity, but your state-of-the-art, modern LCD display can be accurately calibrated – even your wide gamut display can benefit.
The two devices give you two levels of calibration. The ColorMunki Display offers fast, intuitive calibration using their award-winning ColorMunki interface. The focus is ease; especially useful for those less familiar with colour management, or for those looking for a straight-forward, but still accurate calibration.
The i1Display Pro is suited to the more demanding of colour perfectionists, with a focus on customisation. This is suited for those looking for higher degrees of control and for those looking to achieve a really precise colour calibration.
It should be noted that both devices will:
- Measure ambient light using Ambient Light Smart Control
- Make use of Flare Correct
- Profile/measure projectors
- Support new and emerging display technology – both are ‘future proof’
- Both have a tripod mounting system
The i1Display Pro does all the above plus extra features only available with this device:
- 5X faster measurement speed that standard (the ‘standard’ being the ColorMunki Display)
- The choice to use advanced profile setting and options
- Let’s you check your display QA workflow against industry standards (e.g. FOGRA)
- Allows you to check the uniformity of your displays
- Utilises user defined Pantone palettes for colour optimisation
The i1Display Pro also uses the innovative i1Profiler software user interface, giving you wizard control and direct access. This means that you can customise the entire process to suit our needs. To see this software in action, check out the video below…
Two new additions to the ever changing world of colour management and calibration. If you’d like to chat to somebody about these devices, or which one may best suit your needs – don’t hesitate to get in touch with us. You can see our contact details here.
We’ll also be doing a detailed review of these products in the coming weeks, details will be posted on here and on colorconfidence.com