PANTONE has launched a new colour communication guide that bridges the gap between CMYK and spot colour printing.
The new PANTONE PLUS SERIES Extended Gamut Coated Guide has been created to help brand owners; designers, prepress professionals and printers to determine when it may be possible to more accurately reproduce a solid PANTONE colour using CMYK + PANTONE XG Orange, Green and Violet (OGV) Inks.
The PANTONE Extended Gamut Guide is a visual, seven-colour printing simulation of the 1,729 existing PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM® colours. Printed with an extremely high-quality, seven-colour printing process, the Extended Gamut Coated Guide uses existing Cyan, Magenta, Yellow and Black (CMYK) inks, plus commonly used Orange, Green and Violet (OGV) inks that ‘extend’ the colour gamut significantly.
The new PANTONE Extended Gamut Guide will allow designers and printers to achieve approximately 90% of all PANTONE MATCHING SYSTEM spot colours through the seven-colour process system.
The PANTONE guide was developed in partnership with Esko, the global supplier of innovative printing solutions and packaging software, and Disc Graphics, an award-winning creative packaging printer.
Each page of the PANTONE guide has been replicated and numbered to mirror that of the current PANTONE PLUS Series Formula Guide, so a designer or printer can quickly and easily compare the original spot colours to the new extended gamut reproductions.
The PANTONE Extended Gamut Coated Guide includes:
- 1,729 seven-colour process simulations of PANTONE Formula Guide Solid Coated Colours on coated stock
- Closest seven-colour process match with sRGB values
- Screen tint percentages displayed
- Colours bleed off page edges for ease and accuracy when comparison checking
- Portable fan guide format which provides convenience and fast access to colour data
- PANTONE COLOR MANAGER Software for updating PANTONE colours in popular design applications
- Colour locator index
- Each colour identified with a distinct PANTONE EXTENDED GAMUT Coated (XGC) number and/or name.
The PANTONE Extended Gamut Coated Guide is available to purchase from Color Confidence – Europe’s leading colour management specialist and distributor into the digital imaging markets. For more information about the PANTONE range, visit www.colorconfidence.com.