Palette, creators of the Cube portable colour digitiser, have today announced that they have upgraded Cube by introducing the Farrow & Ball colour library to the device.
Cube is a hand-held device that, with a simple tap, allows creative professionals to digitally capture colour and match it to a variety of paint & colour libraries, through connected smartphone and desktop apps.
Cube picks up the desired hue in a controlled sequence and records the raw colour values for future reference. The innovative device matches to multiple libraries such as RAL, Crown Paints and now includes Farrow & Ball’s 132 unmatched paint colours.
Those that already own the Cube device can access the new library by simply updating the Cube Companion App.
Cube key features:
- Cube fits in your hand and with one tap captures any colour on any surface
- Digitally match colours to thousands of built-in colours, including PANTONE, RAL, Farrow & Ball, Crown Paints, British Standard Colour and COPIC
- Cube links in real time with Photoshop allowing users to match colours to a host of over 7,500 digital colour profiles
- Classify colours in your favourite colour spaces – RGB, LRV, HEX, CMYK, LAB
- Connect Cube to clever iOS and Android phones to store, tag and share your colours with the Cube Companion App
- Connect Cube to Mac and Windows computers to colour grade photos using Cube Link.
Farrow & Ball, British craftsmen in paint and paper, celebrated their 70th anniversary earlier this year. The manufacturer has 55 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists covering 67 markets. The paint colours are made using high levels of rich pigments to original recipes and the wallpapers are handcrafted using Farrow & Ball’s own paints and traditional printing methods.
Cube is priced at £149.95 incl. VAT.
We are pleased to announced the UK launch of Cube, by Palette. The ideal tool for creative professionals, Cube is an incredibly accurate colour capture device that makes it easy to record raw colour data with a simple tap.
Cube removes the guesswork from colour matching, seamlessly pairing with smartphones and desktops to save, store, and work with surrounding, real-world colour. Using an internal spherical light source, Cube picks up the desired hue in a controlled sequence and records the raw colour values for future reference.
With industry first functionality, Cube Link allows users to seamlessly import real-world colour directly into Photoshop.
“Cube was built to make colour digital. By taking the complexity out of colour capture and matching, Cube allows creative professionals to focus on what they’re best at – creating,” says Palette Co-Founder Paul Peng.
From colourful graffiti on the side of a building, to a beautiful flower that catches your eye, Cube can turn a brief moment of colour inspiration into the beginning of a new creative project.
- Highly accurate – Cube uses a controlled light sequence through an aperture to identify and capture colour accurately
- Seamless pairing – Bluetooth connects automatically. No settings menus or confusing pairing rituals. Just open the Cube Companion App and turn Cube on
- Instant matching – On either PC or Mac, use the Cube Link App to import colours directly to Photoshop and match to multiple colour libraries, including Pantone.
- Colour, Your Way – Cube can output colours in RGB, CMYK, HEX, Lab, and LRV colour spaces, with support for multiple colour profiles.
The Cube team will be at 100% Design in London on 23 – 26 September 2015 to demonstrate the creative tools innovative features. You can visit the team at Stand L114 to get expert tips and advice on how best to get the most out of your Cube.
Cube is priced at £149.95 incl. VAT. For further information and to purchase your Cube, visit: www.colorconfidence.com.