Palette, creators of the Cube portable colour digitiser, have today announced that they have upgraded Cube by introducing the Farrow & Ball colour library to the device.
Cube is a hand-held device that, with a simple tap, allows creative professionals to digitally capture colour and match it to a variety of paint & colour libraries, through connected smartphone and desktop apps.
Cube picks up the desired hue in a controlled sequence and records the raw colour values for future reference. The innovative device matches to multiple libraries such as RAL, Crown Paints and now includes Farrow & Ball’s 132 unmatched paint colours.
Those that already own the Cube device can access the new library by simply updating the Cube Companion App.
Cube key features:
- Cube fits in your hand and with one tap captures any colour on any surface
- Digitally match colours to thousands of built-in colours, including PANTONE, RAL, Farrow & Ball, Crown Paints, British Standard Colour and COPIC
- Cube links in real time with Photoshop allowing users to match colours to a host of over 7,500 digital colour profiles
- Classify colours in your favourite colour spaces – RGB, LRV, HEX, CMYK, LAB
- Connect Cube to clever iOS and Android phones to store, tag and share your colours with the Cube Companion App
- Connect Cube to Mac and Windows computers to colour grade photos using Cube Link.
Farrow & Ball, British craftsmen in paint and paper, celebrated their 70th anniversary earlier this year. The manufacturer has 55 showrooms worldwide and a global network of stockists covering 67 markets. The paint colours are made using high levels of rich pigments to original recipes and the wallpapers are handcrafted using Farrow & Ball’s own paints and traditional printing methods.
Cube is priced at £149.95 incl. VAT.